USMB has announced the fall lineup of 11 LEAD Cohorts, including one in Spanish. The cohorts will begin meeting in August and September. LEAD Cohorts are free online meeting places for small groups of MB pastors, leaders or anyone interested in learning about a specific topic.
Cohorts meet online via Zoom either weekly or bi-weekly for 60-90 minutes over the course of three months. The only cost is for books or materials.
The fall session offers a variety of topics and leaders, says Don Morris, USMB national director.
- “Paradigm shifts for activating the church” is a cohort for church leaders led by Stephen Humber of Multiply,
- A cohort for people looking to develop friendships with others in ministry is being facilitated by pastors Tim Thiessen and Phil Wiebe.
- Three cohorts—for associate/family pastors, youth pastors and anyone in ministry—are hosted by pastors J.L. Martin, Russ Claassen and Pat Coyle, respectively, to talk about issues relevant to ministry.
- Chandelle Classen is leading a cohort on “Contemplative conversations—Ongoing spiritual transformation.”
- “Gospel priorities for a health church” is a cohort led by pastor Jared Pulliam that will explore living as disciples of Christ in community.
- Pastor Joe Weaver will lead a cohort for worship pastors, leaders and team members that will focus on growing practically and professionally in ways that glorify God.
- Prayer in youth ministry is the topic of a cohort for youth pastors, volunteers and small group leaders led by Russ Claassen, Southern District Conference youth minister.
- The cohort on understanding the culture of your church and community will be held in Spanish and will be led by pastor Daniel Radriguez.
- Prayer is the focus on a cohort led by Kelly Pankratz, who serves with Multiply.
For more information, including start times and dates, or to register, visit www.usmb.org/lead-cohorts/.